Friday, June 17, 2011

Day 17 - Wrong Direction


Day 17
Weight: 179 lbs (3 pounds gained)
Body Fat: 41.1% (unchanged)
Mood: Frustrated

Today is Friday, June 17, 2011. I’m angry with myself. I ruined most of last week's progress because I didn’t have the willpower to stick firmly to my diet. I let myself lose sight of my goal, and I’m truly pissed off. 
But anger solves nothing.
Now that I’ve seen what being too flexible with food can do to my results, I’ve got to bear down & get serious again. I don’t want the time I put into my workouts to be wasted. I don’t want to let myself down again. I knew this whole week that I wasn’t staying 100% committed, and the scale confirmed it. There is no way around it: I cannot cheat every day and expect to lose weight.
A few promises I need to make (and keep) to myself before the next weigh-in:
1. I recommit to following my nutrition plan, even during the weekend.
2. I commit to doing at least 30 minutes of cardio every single day, in addition to my morning boot camp sessions.
3. I recommit to going to bed no later than 11pm every night.
Hopefully going back to these habits will once again give me the results I want. I need to remember that everyone has setbacks, everyone gets overwhelmed with major life changes, this doesn’t mean I have failed, I’m still learning how to treat my body well, and success doesn’t happen overnight.
That being said, I am still pretty ashamed that I let myself gain weight. This is unacceptable, and even though I will forgive myself & move on, I must do everything within my power to avoid repeating my mistakes.


On a positive note, I worked out every morning this week. That's five days in a row. I plan to keep this up as long as I can. I have about 3 more weeks of boot camp to go, and now that I've hit the halfway point, I have to push myself a little bit harder physically & mentally. 
Thanks for reading. Have a great weekend. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment