Friday, August 19, 2011

Day 80 - The Weight of Two Babies






Weight: 165 lbs (another 9.4 pounds lost! 16.6 total!)


Pant Size: 12/14


Mood: Mystified 


Today is Friday, August 19, 2011. Due to the craziness of my work & home life, I haven't exercised since trying Zumba 3 weeks ago... BUT I've still somehow managed to lose weight! Since June 1 (about 12 weeks), I've lost a total of 16 pounds, which is roughly the weight of two average newborns! 


I know it's a weird analogy, but it means I'm still carrying approximately 4 more babies in my gut, thighs, arms, etc.!


So.... how have I been losing without putting in the effort of exercise or nutrition? Mostly stress. I've also been super busy, and less down time means less time to eat out of boredom. My appetite has also been smaller lately. I still eat when I'm hungry, but never to the point where I feel uncomfortably full. I still snack, but rarely binge.


Last weekend, at Outsidelands, each day I drenched my organs in alcohol and each night stuffed my face with a hot slice of pizza. Luckily, I also walked several miles each day (my calves were super sore & had me walking around the apartment like an old lady) which I think made up for the not-so-healthy activities.


My goal for the rest of the month is to get back into my workout routine. The one I posted over a month ago! I'm kind of embarrassed it's been that long and I still haven't even attempted to follow the routine, but no more excuses.


Also, if you want to help motivate me (because I definitely still need it) please consider sending me a text/Facebook post before or after your workout to remind me how good it feels & how necessary it is!


Needless to say, I love the way I'm starting to look. I've been throwing out clothes that are too big/baggy because they hide my body, and for the first time in awhile I'm actually proud to show off my curves again! My size 14 jeans (that I previously could barely breathe in after sitting down) are becoming more & more comfortable and were surprisingly easy to button this morning! :)


I might post an updated midsection picture soon because that's where I'm noticing most of the weight disappearing from. I will also try to get my body fat tested at the gym within the next week. My updates might be less frequent until life quiets down, but thanks for all the support & encouragement in the meantime. I'm so grateful that you all haven't let me give up yet!


Thanks for reading, & have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment