Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Day 43 - Hooray for me!


Day 43

Mood: Satisfied

Weight: 174.4 lbs (4.6 pounds lost!)


Body Fat: 40.2% (0.9 percent lost!)


Today is Wednesday, July 13, 2011. It's been almost one month since my last accurate weight update. The time in between has been a struggle, but I must have been doing something right because according to the scale, I've lost a few pounds. I actually weigh less than my drivers license weight for the first time in a looooooong while. Yay.


I was able to get another boot camp workout today, and it felt great. I may decide to continue my membership so I can go once a week, but I'm still considering cost vs. benefits. Is $50 worth it? That's a little more than $10 per class... Until then, my new workout schedule will be as follows:


SUNDAY- Choice between Walk (60 min) or Bike Ride (5 miles) or Rest
MONDAY - Morning Walk (30 min) & Choice between Workout Video or Weights or Yoga (30 min)
TUESDAY - Morning Walk (30 min) & Afternoon Zumba (30 min)
WEDNESDAY - Choice between Morning Walk (30 min) or Bootcamp (60 min) & Afternoon Zumba (30 min)
THURSDAY - Morning Walk (30 min) & Choice between Workout Video or Weights or Yoga (30 min)
FRIDAY - Morning Walk (30 min) & Afternoon Zumba (30 min)
SATURDAY - Sleep in / Rest


Even if I do the minimum on this plan, I'll still get at least 6 hours of cardio & 2 hours of strength training per week. I think it's sufficient for now, and I can always alter it later if I feel like I'm doing too little or too much.


I'm really looking forward to Zumba. Friday will be my first time trying it in over a year! Who knows... maybe if I get the hang of it, I will start my own backyard Zumba class for those who want to try it without getting a gym membership! :)


The biggest things I will need to re-commit to this week:


- Balancing a meal plan. I'm still struggling with eating often enough so that I don't binge or overeat during meals. I also need to re-commit to not bringing any new unhealthy snacks into my house. I seem to do well on breakfast & lunch during the week because I have a routine, but my evenings/dinners are less structured, so I'll have to think of some creative ways to either prepare meals ahead of time or create a weekly menu or something along those lines.


- Drinking more water. At least 64 ounces a day.


- Getting more sleep. This is something I have been struggling with since Day 1. My new bedtime will be 11pm, NO MATTER WHAT. I may not fall asleep until midnight, but at least I'll have a routine & hopefully my body/mind will eventually get used to shutting down around that time. The biggest problem I have with this is that I like to stay up later on the weekends, but until further notice, 11pm it is.


I'm extremely grateful to those who have expressed interest in this blog, and I look forward to hearing your comments & suggestions about anything health-related (your experience, things you've come across online, inspiring stories or quotes, etc.).


Thanks for reading! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment